Saturday, September 10, 2011

Halloween is upon us

Don't know about you but we are so excited for Fall this year.  Absolutely love the fall; falling leaves, falling temperatures and anything involving a pumpkin.  I love seeing recipes for pumpkin bread, cupcakes, cookies etc. - It is already putting me in the baking mood. 

With fall rapidly approaching that means Halloween is near.  We  I love browsing through all the Halloween decor (I am sure my husband just puts up with it to make me happy) which means I find myself being drawn to those end caps at Ross and aisle's at Target.  I can't help it!  Just look at my Pinterest Halloween board.

Rummaging through some old photos I came across this cake I made with a friend 3 years ago.  We had so much fun.  The entire thing came about when we found these squishy rats at Harvey's Supermarket.  Then walking down the baking isle I saw the chocolate sprinkles and the idea for this cake was born:



So the tinted homemade icing (to give it the mold color), a toothpick to dig some tiny shallow holes and spread crumbs, to the chocolate sprinkles (rat poop) and then the squishy fake rats made this cake come together full circle.  Wickedly good for Halloween! 

What kind of Halloween treats are you making this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment